In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The school has an excellent record of subsequent entrance to all West London day schools, boarding schools with a handful of scholarships each year.
- One has had an expensive boarding school background and the other has a father who can afford to pamper her.
- But the time and opportunity provided in boarding schools for various activities were not available in other schools.
- That meant no second rate boarding schools, and above all: no public school.
- Some Cherokee students attended government boarding schools for Indians, but the majority were in public schools.
- It excludes children under two years of age and adults who live in university dormitories, boarding schools, army barracks and hospital patients.
- In the decades that followed their inception, Indian boarding schools changed little in their attitude and mission.
- The boy's behavioural problems had led to his leaving primary school at ten and going to boarding schools paid for by the state.
- In Scotland most of the major boarding schools provide a bar on the premises.
- Unlike the boarding schools, day schools would find difficulty in training daily, with a number of pupils playing more than one code.
- Ski academies are boarding schools that offer not only a good education but a chance to train and race.
- I care because they're sending me to a boarding school that just turned co-ed this year.
- The firm will also be targeting boarding schools, student accommodation and house builders as part of the marketing strategy.
- Day schools are going to be cheaper than boarding schools, of course.
- Tuition at the more prestigious high schools, which are all boarding schools, is very expensive.
- Some of the schools had developed into non-local boarding schools: from these emerged the public school.
- On the other frequency, teachers in boarding schools complain that they do not get enough support from parents who tend to rely excessively on the school.
- She suggested single sex schools, boarding schools and prep schools would feel the financial pinch.
- In Guatemala, schoolchildren generally attend private or boarding schools, if their parents can afford it.
- The books were then distributed among subject teachers in four boarding schools in a diocese the area of about three English counties.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.