In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bobina femininecarrete masculine
- Match the upper thread color with the bobbin thread to help disguise stitch inconsistencies.
- For the stretch stitch, use a polyester thread in the needle and a polyester or texturized nylon thread in the bobbin.
- Thread the machine needle with white thread and the bobbin with red thread.
- For the bobbin, use either embroidery-weight bobbin thread or all-purpose sewing thread in a matching color.
- Pull the basting bobbin threads to gather the skirt.
- Most readily available topstitching thread is polyester, so pair it with all-purpose polyester thread in the bobbin.
- Holding the needle thread tail, take a stitch to draw the bobbin thread to the tuck surface.
- Before releasing the animals, he attached to each one's back a bobbin of thread, one end of which was tied to the release mechanism.
- Its job is to carry the top thread into the bobbin case so the stitch can be formed.
- In days gone by I would have ordered the non-standard bobbins my sewing machine uses from his shop and got them in mere weeks.
- In a barn they found four men dismantling bobbins of yarn, packed with the Sovereign cigarettes.
- When creating a lace appliqué, use the same color thread in the bobbin and the needle.
- She threw down the book and hurtled the bobbin of thread across the room.
- I've remembered what it was… I was going to plug that sewing machine in and see if I could wind a bobbin.
- Wind thicker threads on a bobbin by hand, use regular sewing thread in the needle, and stitch with the right side down.
- Conveniently, there's a Fabricland at the mall across the street from my office, so I can go and buy all the necessary things like bobbins and thread and such.
- Lace is created by looping and twisting threads using a set of bobbins or a needle.
- If the broken thread is the color of the bobbin thread, the upper tension is too loose.
- I removed the finished thread from the bobbin, and wound it into a big off-white ball.
- For example, if your machine has a frontloading bobbin, the flat side of the needle faces the back of the machine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.