In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reloj biológico masculine
- Hamed had argued he needed to be able to use his private gym at all hours to adjust his body clock to specific times elsewhere in the world when training for fights.
- Crossing the international date line to get there plays havoc with your body clock.
- Our body clock, our internal clock, is linked to the 24-hour day.
- The flight home was 31 hours and I'm finding it hard now because my body clock is all out.
- Drugs tend to affect the internal body clock and those on amphetamines like Speed are likely to count far too fast while cannabis users are expected to go too slowly.
- Ecstasy damages connections in the brain which regulate the human body clock, according to a new study.
- I've been having quite a few late nights lately, and my body clock is totally screwed, so my internal alarm only just kicked in.
- The body clock is clearly controlling the elaborate brain signaling system that regulates appetite.
- Jet lag occurs, I learned, because changes in time zones confuse our internal body clock or our ‘circadian rhythms’; profound biorhythms which date back to Stone Age man.
- We are creating a conflict between what we want to do, and what our internal timekeeper - the body clock - prepares us for.
- The answer lies mostly in our internal body clock, which is largely determined by our genes.
- Melatonin resets the body clock to synchronize metabolic functions with times of activity and rest.
- The bedding is also suitable for those who keep unusual hours and who travel in helping to prevent jet lag and regulate the body clock.
- Ultraviolet light also activates solitrol, a skin hormone that works in conjunction with melatonin to produce changes in mood and regulate the body clock.
- Bright electric light can shift your circadian rhythms, as your body clock is called, according to a 2001 study published in the Journal of Investigative Medicine.
- Though her watch told her that it was fifteen twenty three, her body clock was completely screwed up after the torturous shuttle flight from Mars and then the LG Transports across the Moon.
- The afternoon dip in alertness, caused by fluctuations in the body clock, a disturbed night's sleep and alcohol, increased the amount of lane drift which typifies road crashes caused by driver drowsiness.
- I am excited to read that scientists have worked out how the body clock affects our daily lives.
- Going to bed later will help you break the pattern your body clock has established.
- One theory suggests that people with SAD respond to this decrease in light by secreting a hormone called melatonin which slows down the body clock, and affects sleeping and mood patterns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.