In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1índice de masa corporal masculine
- When researchers define obesity, they use the body mass index, a calculation using height and weight.
- Patients' weight and height were measured and their body mass index calculated.
- We examined trends in weight, height, and body mass index in a defined population between 1989 and 1998.
- Check your body mass index too; BMI is a measure of your weight relative to your height.
- Lee explained that the body mass index is calculated by dividing one's weight in kilograms by the square of one's height in meters.
- A simple calculation known as the body mass index is used to gauge whether a person is overweight.
- The children kept a diary of drinks consumed and their body mass index was measured at 6 and 12 months.
- The physical examination should assess the child's height, weight, and body mass index.
- There was no difference in body mass index, other psychological measures, or dieting behaviour between the groups.
- In contrast the body mass index measures the sum of fat mass and fat free mass, and it is impossible to know the relative contributions of each.
- Mean body mass index only increased significantly in 12 year old females.
- To study obesity we use body mass index or weight in kilograms divided by the square of the height in meters.
- Risk factors for preeclampsia include a history of high blood pressure and a body mass index of 30 or higher.
- The average age of the patients was 55 years and the average body mass index was 31.
- Mean body mass index and associations between birth weight and body mass index at each age in the subset were similar to those for the larger dataset.
- The groups were comparable in terms of age, weight, body mass index, height, marital status, occupation, and parity.
- A child with a body mass index at or above the 95th percentile for age and sex is considered overweight.
- We calculated body mass index from measured height and weight.
- Height, weight, calculated body mass index, and blood pressures were recorded.
- Their mothers are short and underweight, with a mean body mass index of only 18.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.