In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escáner corporal masculine
- Frequent travellers, priapic schoolboys and the terminally vain may have noticed with interest that Heathrow Airport recently installed an X-ray body scanner at Terminal 4.
- Born in Edinburgh and educated at the city's George Heriot's School, he built a fortune through developing electronic body scanners for use in diagnosing medical conditions.
- Randomly chosen passengers will have to go through an X-ray machine or be searched, either by a body scanner or with sniffer dogs.
- This is a smaller version of the full body scanner downstairs.
- Similarly, the body scanner seemed like a miracle machine when first introduced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.