In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1profanador de tumbas masculineprofanadora de tumbas feminine
- The Daily Express headline ‘Scandal of the bodysnatchers’ was inappropriate because there were no bodysnatchers.
- The famous bodysnatchers Burke and Hare were never charged with violation of sepulchre because they eventually resorted to murder as a way of finding bodies to sell.
- That is when they encounter the bodysnatcher.
- There are displays dedicated to the notorious Edinburgh bodysnatchers Burke and Hare, and cannibal Sawney Bean.
- For Rebus it is another opportunity to dwell, as he does often, on the bodysnatchers Burke and Hare.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.