In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bolo alimenticio masculine
- The goal is a reduction in the resting pressure to allow passage of the food bolus into the stomach.
- In preparation for swallowing, a softened or liquid food bolus is moved through the mouth by the action of the tongue.
- People swallow quite fluid boluses most of the time, and they do so seated with the trunk upright.
- Once the bolus enters the pharynx, it is transported distally in a structure that can be described as a tubular conduit.
- On Midway Island in the Hawaiian chain, a bolus, or mass of chewed food, coughed up by one bird included many identifiable objects.
- After passing the pharynx during swallowing, the food bolus enters the esophagus, which is positioned at approximately the level of the sixth cervical vertebra.
- The tongue directs the bolus of chewed food to the pharynx as an initial step in the involuntary reflex swallowing mechanism.
- Successively, ingestion, food transport to the processing teeth, chewing and bolus formation, and swallowing can be recognized.
- I swallowed the bolus of spittle that was rising in my throat.
- The cardiac sphincter opens because of increasing pressure in the esophagus from the food bolus.
- Parent tree swallows deliver food to nestlings in a bolus, making it difficult to determine either the quantity or quality of food.
- I said, nonchalantly gulping down a bolus of fear.
- Patients may succeed in passing the food bolus by repeated swallowing, by performing the Valsalva maneuver or by making a positional change.
- It is important in the lubrication of food boluses, and the amylase in saliva begins the digestion of starches.
- The power supply then plugs into that, giving me a very long power cable with a bolus of electrical tape in the middle.
- Peering then through the glass, which demarcated the realms wherein we exist, I felt the bolus of grief form in my gullet.
- Unfortunately, the bacon lump was much larger than I expected, and as a half-chewed bolus disappeared down my throat, I realised I wouldn't be able to swallow it.
- The program recorded the video as one gigantic bolus, and pretended that the clips were discrete files, which they weren't.
- It's a little too raw and undigested at the moment: a massive bolus in my throat.
- The new thinking is that when you take in a small bolus of protein before exercise, essentially you're giving that protein time to break down while you're working your muscles.
- During summer and autumn, jays routinely make hundreds of food caches per day, placing each saliva-coated bolus in a separate arboreal site.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.