In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desactivación de explosivos femininebefore noun bomb disposal expert — artificiera feminine
- bomb disposal squad — brigada de desactivación de explosivos
- Army bomb disposal experts were also summoned to the graveyard after a suspect device was found under an Irish tricolour at the plot.
- This device, received on Friday, December 15, did not go off and was dealt with by military bomb disposal experts.
- The army bomb disposal team from Collins Barracks, Cork, carried out a controlled explosion on the device.
- Meanwhile, in the south of the country, the army bomb disposal company has begun training.
- A Royal Logistics Corps bomb disposal squad arrived hours later after police became alarmed by the discovery of unidentified items in one of the rooms.
- North Yorkshire Police's tactical fire arms unit, army bomb disposal experts and dog handlers were joined by dozens of uniformed officers at the scene.
- Army bomb-disposal experts were yesterday called to the Golf Club in after a pipe bomb exploded on the course.
- The work of military and civilian bomb disposal experts also involves the handling of improvised explosive devices planted by terrorist groups.
- But the package ended up going to the wrong house two doors down, sparking off a scare resulting in the Army bomb disposal experts being called in.
- Among the expert forces being deployed are bomb disposal teams and anti-sabotage experts.
- As Army bomb disposal experts were called to the scene, security sources indicated the target was probably police officers.
- A cordon was put in place and the army bomb disposal squad carried out a controlled explosion.
- Army bomb disposal experts from Catterick, North Yorkshire, carried out a controlled explosion of the passenger's baggage.
- There was traffic disruption after bomb disposal experts were called out to remove an unexploded mortar shell found dumped in a ditch.
- Fourteen hours later, residents and neighbours were still being kept away and Army bomb-disposal experts were still at the scene.
- A passing police patrol raised the alarm after they discovered the rocket which was later defused by British Army bomb disposal experts.
- Although it had no warhead, Naval bomb disposal experts destroyed the torpedo in a controlled explosion.
- Army bomb disposal officers eventually carried out a controlled blast, at about 6.30 pm.
- The device was defused by police bomb disposal experts.
- However, Army bomb disposal experts were called back into action after more suspicious objects were found during follow up searches in the area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.