In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buena fe feminineto check sb's bona fides — verificar las referencias de algn
- Nor, in consequence should we be easily persuaded as to their democratic bona fides.
- The Department takes its responsibility to review the bona fides of new shipper sales very seriously.
- He has more progressive Democratic bona fides than his opponent will ever earn in his short political lifetime.
- In many cases, you are not liable for something going wrong if you showed ‘bona fides.’
- The above are only a handful of the scores of decisions recognizing the cult's religious bona fides around the world.
- If journalists want to establish licensure, bona fides can be made secure, but only by virtue of the power of the license grantor - usually the government.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.