In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are currently 23 million bondholders, owning bonds worth £25 billion.
- But City sources said bondholders and shareholders have little choice but to go along.
- The resale value of physical capital is collateral that secures the value of loans (or that reverts to bondholders, if a firm should go bankrupt).
- As bondholders, the investors would merely be creditors of the company, rather than members of it.
- Out-of-court negotiations are proceeding with the bondholders.
- Now he's trying to pull the same deal with private bondholders.
- In exchange for the amendment, bank lenders would be paid back ahead of some bondholders if the company files for bankruptcy protection.
- In that case, the company would compensate bondholders for their loss of interest with payment of the present value of future interest.
- Eventually it sought bankruptcy protection, settling with bondholders by agreeing to pay 19 cents on the dollar.
- This spectacular fall left lenders and bondholders with unpaid debts of some $2 billion.
- There are also no payouts from either the firm or its guarantor to shareholders and bondholders before the maturity date of the discount debt.
- She said recoveries for bondholders and other unsecured creditors would be about 0.2 per cent less than earlier estimates.
- It sends all the wrong signals to the market and can quickly turn to a vicious downward spiral as lenders, bondholders, and equity investors take fright.
- Previously we discussed the event of a corporate liquidation where bondholders and preferred shareholders are paid first.
- An Elan bond, where the bondholder can exercise the right to be repaid in 18 months, currently yields 19 per cent per annum.
- The trustee's job is to liquidate bankrupt companies to repay bondholders.
- This is usually applied to plans in falling markets when bondholders surrender their policies early.
- But now, having pushed through the required changes to keep itself alive, it is the bondholders and creditors who have emerged triumphant and in pocket.
- The reorganization plan must be accepted by the creditors, bondholders and stockholders and confirmed by the court.
- The issuer promises to pay scheduled interest payments to the bondholder, and return the face amount of the bond after a specified period of time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.