In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Now he's trying to pull the same deal with private bondholders.
- An Elan bond, where the bondholder can exercise the right to be repaid in 18 months, currently yields 19 per cent per annum.
- But City sources said bondholders and shareholders have little choice but to go along.
- Out-of-court negotiations are proceeding with the bondholders.
- The issuer promises to pay scheduled interest payments to the bondholder, and return the face amount of the bond after a specified period of time.
- She said recoveries for bondholders and other unsecured creditors would be about 0.2 per cent less than earlier estimates.
- In exchange for the amendment, bank lenders would be paid back ahead of some bondholders if the company files for bankruptcy protection.
- The trustee's job is to liquidate bankrupt companies to repay bondholders.
- As bondholders, the investors would merely be creditors of the company, rather than members of it.
- In that case, the company would compensate bondholders for their loss of interest with payment of the present value of future interest.
- This is usually applied to plans in falling markets when bondholders surrender their policies early.
- There are currently 23 million bondholders, owning bonds worth £25 billion.
- But now, having pushed through the required changes to keep itself alive, it is the bondholders and creditors who have emerged triumphant and in pocket.
- This spectacular fall left lenders and bondholders with unpaid debts of some $2 billion.
- The reorganization plan must be accepted by the creditors, bondholders and stockholders and confirmed by the court.
- Previously we discussed the event of a corporate liquidation where bondholders and preferred shareholders are paid first.
- It sends all the wrong signals to the market and can quickly turn to a vicious downward spiral as lenders, bondholders, and equity investors take fright.
- Eventually it sought bankruptcy protection, settling with bondholders by agreeing to pay 19 cents on the dollar.
- There are also no payouts from either the firm or its guarantor to shareholders and bondholders before the maturity date of the discount debt.
- The resale value of physical capital is collateral that secures the value of loans (or that reverts to bondholders, if a firm should go bankrupt).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.