In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1haragánflojo informalvago informal
- McDowell is intellectually superior, and he will steer through anything he wants, and our lads are bone lazy.
- In fact, he's a lazy, petulant, dead-eyed, over-sensitive, bone idle git.
- The visitor complied, then turned to the lazy angler and said: ‘You know, anyone as bone idle as you ought to get married and have a son to do these things for you.’
- The third family consists of Veronica, her intensely irritating husband and her two apparently bone idle sons.
- We hear too much about ‘hard-working families’ and not enough about bone idle ones.
- It seems that people are too bone idle to take unwanted items to the refuse collection points, so they just leave them in the back streets.
- He is complaining that Andrew is bone idle and hasn't worked hard enough at his tasks, and that nobody else has picked him up on his faults.
- René Descartes has always been one of the more appealing philosophers, not least because he was so human, quarrelsome and frequently bone idle.
- I'm bone idle and far too self involved to join in anything online - unless I'm really bored and have nothing to write about.
- Basically we're bone idle and a 42-date tour doesn't appeal to us any more, so traditionally we've just played Manchester or Liverpool.
- Instead, I'm going to finish my book, then do the college work I didn't do yesterday because I'm too bone idle.
- The truth is as a country we are bone idle couch potatoes who make no effort to change our lifestyles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.