In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estúpido masculineestúpida feminine
- He's not as evil as I thought he'd be - he's kind of a bonehead, but he's not an evil guy.
- The boneheads in Britain need to acquire some common sense.
- These boneheads were arrested on January 23, 2001.
- Sure, these guys are boneheads, but the script makes them come off as a bit more intelligent than one might suspect.
- Make a New Year's resolution that the next time you're a bonehead, admit it and chuckle.
- Those boneheads of yours didn't know what to do.
- Why not just call them boneheads and be done with it?
- The larger point that the boneheads who so despise the media need to appreciate is that the mainstream American press is better than it's ever been.
- Vincent muttered darkly, ‘I don't recall inviting you two boneheads.’
- Good news is good ‘God, Mitch thought, I sound like such a bonehead.’
- For as much of a bonehead you are, I really think that Taylor abuses you too much.
- Well, you should find out who the bonehead using your name and face is, because he's making you look like an idiot.
- If they got behind some reasonable changes maybe the boneheads in congress might consider some changes.
- I wonder if those boneheads at the administration office have lost their marbles…
- Every once in a while those boneheads in the White House run into so much trouble that they have no other choice but to turn to me for advice.
- Either way, I'm so disgusted and ashamed to be breathing the same polluted air as these boneheads.
- This is not a time for the content owners to be short-sighted boneheads…
- Maybe I should let him know what a bonehead you are and how you're hurting his chances.
- Fortunately, they are not total boneheads, and have reviewed the procedure.
- The mere mention of the words ‘far right’ calls forth an image of tattooed boneheads or the spectre of the notorious Ku Klux Klan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.