In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1harina de huesos feminine
- Always wear a dust mask when you apply bonemeal, guano, or any other type of fertilizer that's dusty.
- Each spring, the Hills' roses are fed with a mix of controlled-release fertilizer, blood meal, and bonemeal.
- I have never accepted that BSE came as a result of cattle eating meat and bonemeal containing sheep infected with scrapie.
- He said 42,289 tonnes of meat and bonemeal was produced from animals killed and rendered under the culls forced by last year's crisis.
- The planning permission and industrial pollution control licence will be made for meat and bonemeal only.
- I use a mixture of commercial potting mix and compost with extra additions of perlite, bonemeal, and poultry grit.
- None of the infected animals was born after Ireland's ban on feeding meat and bonemeal to cattle became operative in 1996 and early 1997.
- I compost, fertilize and add bonemeal to the area after the plants have been removed each year.
- This problem meant that, at least in this country, the cheapest sources of phosphorus, namely bloodmeal and bonemeal, were no longer available.
- For instance, bonemeal (a calcium supplement) is made of animal bones.
- During the autumn, apply an organic fertilizer such as bonemeal mixed with a little dried blood, or use a timed-release bulb food.
- Peas also respond well to the addition of phosphorus so digging in bonemeal or rock phosphate will help with pea production.
- He has another two factories at Waterford and Cahir, which render offal from cattle into meat and bonemeal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.