In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1premio al peor masculine
- She looked Amanda up and down as if to say, ‘I've won’ - but all she's won is the booby prize.
- The city won the booby prize in September 2004 after offering to fund a $400 million park.
- Even better, we avoided the booby prize and walked off with a much less sugary chocolate Easter egg each instead.
- But a booby prize for the authority as, yet again, the collecting point has been overwhelmed at this holiday season.
- Solid spare play can make the difference between a winner's trophy and a booby prize.
- In addition to the meals, dive gear, hotel nights, and clothing, Mermaid's will also have some very special grand prizes and even some booby prizes.
- The awards - and the booby prizes, which have yet to be announced - are due to be handed over at a ceremony in London on Wednesday.
- The dirty room booby prize is something I give to who ever is last to vacate their bedroom and also leaves it in a state of disrepair.
- Now, a big booby prize to the features department of the newspaper.
- The ceremony also includes the dreaded Golden Bull booby prizes for the year's most baffling gobbledygook.
- Populations that make running shoes for populations that design computer networks have won the global economic booby prize.
- Sponsors of the slowest duck, Danny and Sophie were presented with a wooden duck as a booby prize.
- If you answered that all of them are organisms, then I'm afraid that's all too obvious and you only score the booby prize.
- So in the end, their trophy is not a winner, it's a booby prize.
- The booby prize for those last home was a set of luxurious bath soaps to ease away the aches and pains.
- There was a hip flask as first prize, and ‘Connect - 4 ’, a game for small children, as the booby prize for the couple that came last.
- But, of course, all he got was the big booby prize, and he had to front it.
- But what if the booby prize isn't $100, but only $50?
- The booby prizes go to Sweden and Denmark, where people are working for the government until the end of July.
- Winners on the day included a couple from Seagry and there were also prizes for best slam and booby prizes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.