In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corredor de apuestas masculinecorredora de apuestas feminine
- Chances are you can find an Internet bookmaker who will accept your bet on the outcome.
- Some bookmakers offer each way betting for the first five places in the big races.
- And the major bookmakers have cut the horse's price after sustained backing from punters in recent days.
- In Victoria, in contrast, race clubs had legalised bookmakers and banned the tote.
- Sad to report then that neither bookmakers nor the betting exchanges could find any trace of him.
- Sometimes it will bring a better dividend than betting with a conventional bookmaker, at other times not.
- UK bookmakers, casinos and betting shops make billions of pounds every year.
- I hope to hear you in the bookmakers the next time he runs, it makes the winning all the more fun.
- Once you had to travel to the nearest bookmakers or casino for a flutter.
- It's not creating a level playing field to penalise an exchange because it offers better value for a punter's betting pound than a bookmaker.
- The stakes in private clubs, bookmakers and casinos can be even higher, with a top prize of £2,000.
- Unlike the three previous days, it is turning out to be a bad day for the bookmakers as another favourite comes in.
- But in that race, as in many throughout the week, it was the bookmakers who were the winners.
- Some of us have to work and are unable to watch TV at home or stand around in bookmakers shops.
- For any race, this is what the bookmaker does to ensure that no matter which horse wins, he gets the same profit.
- The most popular bet is on first goal scorer but it's a typical bookmaker taking bets on horse racing and other sorts of shenanigans too.
- Racecourse bookmakers face an uphill struggle attempting to match such concessions.
- With so many well-fancied horses failing to finish, it was a good day for the bookmakers.
- What is to prevent Australians from gambling with British bookmakers and internet casinos?
- It was a bad result for the bookmakers in one of the biggest betting races of the year with the leading two in the market coming home first and second.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.