In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for book)señalador masculinemarcador masculine
- Awareness material including bookmarks, car stickers and posters will be distributed.
- I mumbled, putting the bookmark in my book, sitting up and picking up the phone.
- In the vain hope that if she ignored him, he might go away, she took out her book again, opening it to where her bookmark had marked her spot.
- Sighing, she unwillingly placed her bookmark in the book, and went to open the door for Chris.
- She placed the bookmark in her book, set it down on the chair beside her, stood, squared her shoulders and marched into the house.
- She stared at the shut door for a moment, before putting the supermarket receipt she used as a bookmark in to mark her place and carefully closing the book.
- And most importantly, who had an opportunity to put the bookmark into my book?
- Two separate competitions were held, to design a bookmark and to write a review of one's favourite book.
- I put my bookmark in the book and placed it in the pocket in front of me.
- I use a bookmark and make any notes at the back of the book.
- He put his bookmark in his book, and bent to pick his other fallen books off of the ground.
- I dug out the book, which has a bookmark about half-way through that marks the point where I finally threw it against the wall in frustration.
- I asked and sat up, putting my bookmark in the book and setting it down on my bedside table.
- And then, almost as if on cue, the doorbell rang, and hastily placed her bookmark in the book and jumped up to answer the door.
- It contains books, journals, little cards and bookmarks.
- I like to choose the right bookmark for the book I'm reading, and I like to laminate the ones I use a lot.
- These contain bookmarks and colouring books and are intended to promote and boost children's love for reading.
- She put a bookmark in her book and shut it.
- The bookmark was an 8 ½ inch leather strip with small lead weights at each end.
- I like making bookmarks, note cards and gift tags.
2Computingmarcador masculinefavoritos masculine
- That means Web page bookmarks, stock lists, and weather settings have to be stored on the PC rather than the player.
- Now a new, free, service aims to provide users with personal website directories enabling them to access their bookmarks from any PC in the world.
- They will cost you time, though, because you access your bookmarks via an Internet connection.
- Same site, same people, new host, new address so update those bookmarks!
- All basic PDF functions are possible, including scrolling, paging, text searches, bookmarks and page rotation.
- Entry pages generally show that the visitor may have bookmarked your site on that page, probably because of its valuable content.
- Perhaps you could try bookmarking the login page in case that stops working again.
- While the new location is better, the previous URL will have been bookmarked by thousands of people.
- But as we've already explored, bookmarking pages within an application is generally discouraged.
- Web pages that users bookmarked did not match the most-popular sites visited as a whole from the group.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.