In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Use this solid bookrest for different applications such as display props, paper props, and much more!
- Read all bound manuscripts and rare books on the foam bookrests provided.
- In recent times may decorative and utilitarian articles like ash trays, paperweights, candle stands and bookrests are also being made.
- All requests for special equipment, for example operators’ chairs, footstools and bookrests are assessed by the Department and funds made available if appropriate.
- The entire piece was repainted sometime prior to 1980, and the wood bookrests may be replacements.
- In this part of the museum, hand-written Korans, writing types belonging to the calligraphy art, book binding covers, and ivory inlaid bookrests are exhibited.
- The lectern developed in the 13th century into its most distinctive form with the bookrest modelled as an eagle with outstretched wings.
- The patterns on the walls and on the bookrests of the library sector result in a ‘dazzle pattern’.
- Such special purpose bookrests have therefore met with little commercial success.
- The possibility of hinging the bookrest with a storage area underneath was discussed.
- The missing panel should be replaced and grained to match, and all the bookrests, armrests and hinged seats should be repaired.
- To the east of the window is a stone bookrest, and to the west an alcove seat.
- Each book is covered with a clear plastic slipcase and desks have bookrests so the book can be propped up next to the student doing classwork.
- This portable, collapsible bookrest provides the ideal angle for comfortably reading books, papers and magazines.
- The prior art has provided a wide variety of bookrests, display stands and the like.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.