In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1librero masculinelibrera femininea firm of booksellers — una librería
- By 1994, the plaintiff and his wife had become extremely successful art dealers and booksellers.
- Such books are sold through small booksellers, who are not accountable to any sales laws and who do not care for business ethics.
- A marketing plan tells the booksellers how you plan to create demand for your book.
- This applies all the way down the chain of publication, to the bookseller, the librarian, and the newsagent.
- The earliest publishers were booksellers who sold authors' works direct to the public.
- It was listed in the next season's catalogue and the sales representatives had begun pitching it to booksellers.
- The publisher would not reveal the size of its initial print run but said it was forced to publish a second edition with some booksellers quickly selling out.
- What keeps people in publishing - as writers, as editors, as booksellers - is the practice of putting books in front of the public.
- While consumers may use bestseller lists as buying guides, the lists are useful to booksellers as a marketing tool.
- In choosing a shelf for this particular book, the bookseller has several legitimate options.
- Benefit tickets were sold by booksellers, by the theater, and by the author and his friends.
- Aiming to tap this holiday mood, a number of publishers and booksellers are organising book exhibitions in the city.
- At a time when independent booksellers dealing in new books are struggling, the number of used bookstores is on the rise.
- We did call a bookseller to value the books, but it was priced a little high.
- The increasing demand for books is reflected in the inventories of the stocks of booksellers and publishers.
- A local bookseller lends them the merchandise and pays them a small commission on each item sold.
- Prior to publication, booksellers had ordered a grand total of 200 copies of this second novel.
- Back here at home, I have had to sell this book at my local second-hand booksellers in order to buy a pack of cigarettes.
- Not only is Heather dictating what the booksellers should sell you, but also what they look like as they do it.
- I used to be a bookseller and that generally means one acquires books without even trying.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.