In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1librero masculinelibrera femininea firm of booksellers — una librería
- We did call a bookseller to value the books, but it was priced a little high.
- While consumers may use bestseller lists as buying guides, the lists are useful to booksellers as a marketing tool.
- What keeps people in publishing - as writers, as editors, as booksellers - is the practice of putting books in front of the public.
- The publisher would not reveal the size of its initial print run but said it was forced to publish a second edition with some booksellers quickly selling out.
- Prior to publication, booksellers had ordered a grand total of 200 copies of this second novel.
- It was listed in the next season's catalogue and the sales representatives had begun pitching it to booksellers.
- The earliest publishers were booksellers who sold authors' works direct to the public.
- I used to be a bookseller and that generally means one acquires books without even trying.
- Back here at home, I have had to sell this book at my local second-hand booksellers in order to buy a pack of cigarettes.
- At a time when independent booksellers dealing in new books are struggling, the number of used bookstores is on the rise.
- Not only is Heather dictating what the booksellers should sell you, but also what they look like as they do it.
- Benefit tickets were sold by booksellers, by the theater, and by the author and his friends.
- In choosing a shelf for this particular book, the bookseller has several legitimate options.
- Such books are sold through small booksellers, who are not accountable to any sales laws and who do not care for business ethics.
- The increasing demand for books is reflected in the inventories of the stocks of booksellers and publishers.
- A local bookseller lends them the merchandise and pays them a small commission on each item sold.
- Aiming to tap this holiday mood, a number of publishers and booksellers are organising book exhibitions in the city.
- By 1994, the plaintiff and his wife had become extremely successful art dealers and booksellers.
- This applies all the way down the chain of publication, to the bookseller, the librarian, and the newsagent.
- A marketing plan tells the booksellers how you plan to create demand for your book.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.