In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She said we were going to the new bookstore with the record store, so I came along.
- Imagine if bookstores arranged books geographically and by price, with no hint of content or author.
- Go to a bookstore and select a book that you know your spouse will like and have him or her do the same for you.
- The Book is to be sold in Moscow bookshops and in other major cities in Russia.
- The decision was made for me as the violin quartet over in one corner of the bookstore started to play something soft and melodious.
- She had spent the day of release for her latest book at two different bookstores.
- The idea of having a bookstore in a coffee shop is based on popular demand.
- We need to get out of our cars and out of our locked homes and into our local coffee shops, bookstores, and clubs.
- Ching said that he could not find copies of the book in Hong Kong bookstores.
- The company went public in 1992 and within two years was operating out of department stores and bookshops.
- In the information age, it is no more necessary to hunt down bookstores or bookshops in search of knowledge.
- In the month before Christmas, up to 80,000 copies of the book were being sold in British bookshops every week.
- Anyway, I scoured a few bookshops to find good books on how to do your own plumbing.
- We pottered around bookstores and junkshops, and had falafels for lunch.
- The author is to be congratulated that the book is evidently flying out of the bookshops in the shopping malls.
- So as we head across to the cinema we see him coming back to the bookstore picking up books at different spots.
- Since then Hunt has been searching used bookstores for the book but has never found it.
- As the year draws to a close, a plethora of sports books is hitting the bookshops.
- Most of those quaint and charming bookstores have sold out to pizzerias and chain stores.
- For places like bookstores or your corner grocer, a smile is also a great sign.
- Both of these books are available at bookstores and shops that specialize in bird supplies.
- In general, the bookstore orders nine books for every ten students enrolled in a given course.
- The intersection is steps away from independent bookstores, record shops, sushi joints and pubs.
- Those books that were sold to the public were sold principally in department stores, not in bookshops.
- The book could be sold in hotels and bookshops on the island and through Tourist Board offices here and overseas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.