In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ratón de biblioteca masculine informal
- The Writers' Week programme has an interesting line-up for young bookworms.
- For those bookworms, there is a library with a vast collection.
- But, nevertheless, the happenstance still makes me feel that fate likes to smile every so often upon the introverted bookworms of the world.
- Thanks to these marvellous inventions, bookworms, and others do not have to wrestle with the intricacies of the hieroglyphics.
- If a queue develops at Lofthouse library, it might not mean the villagers have all become bookworms - it could just be pension day.
- The on-going literature and fiction book exhibition at the British Library is turning out to be a boon for the bookworms.
- But if anyone was responsible for transforming us into bookworms, they were.
- A rare book containing an original drawing of the world's most popular cartoon bear is still available after bookworms in York failed to snap it up.
- The aim is to help encourage more people of all ages to read more books, by proving that reading isn't only for bookworms!
- To this was added the Fringe and now there are also festivals for intellectual bookworms like me, and even one for people who take television seriously.
- And it's perfect reading for the bookworm to capture over a weekend.
- A usually harmless crowd of bookworms was being searched with metal detectors and sniffed by police dogs.
- Anju, the rebellious bookworm, grows up angry at the world.
- On the other hand, I am something of a bookworm, and nothing appeals to a bookworm more than the opportunity to show off your intellectual brilliance.
- A horse and cart took bookworms back in time as Bradford Council celebrated 100 years of its mobile library service in the city.
- A school is creating a new generation of bookworms with an innovative reading project.
- So bookworms, brace yourself up, and spend a fascinating evening at the fair, checking out your favourite books.
- I was slightly on the chubby side then, a complete bookworm and teacher's pet.
- And the news will please music lovers and bookworms.
- They are courageous, trendy and are no longer bookworms or ‘goody-goody students’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.