In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Department of Defense should require all journalists who want to be embedded with troops to attend the boot camp.
- After all, the recruits who are in boot camp face a Navy that is different than the one we joined.
- After boot camp I was assigned to a training command in Memphis where I would spend six months learning to become an avionics technician.
- He even spent a couple of weeks at a military boot camp to prepare, braving extremes of weather from blistering heat to thunderstorms and a tornado.
- During boot camp one night, the private says, a drill sergeant turned on the barracks lights and falsely accused her and a friend of kissing.
- For the new recruit, fresh from follow-up training after boot camp, this was where he or she met the ‘real’ Navy.
- I'm also going to see my son graduate from Marine Corps boot camp, sir.
- The Navy has a delayed entry program, which means that there is a waiting period until recruits are sent to boot camp.
- If qualified mentally and physically, you then go to boot camp for basic training.
- Most had heard of the legendary myths of Marine Corps boot camp, but none had seen this level of training up close and personal.
- You must be fit, available and willing to cut your hair in a military style and attend an intensive boot camp for two weeks prior to filming.
- He just enlisted this past year, finished his boot camp and his training at Parris Island in South Carolina.
- Once the platoon graduated from formal boot camp, a squad was assigned to each troop.
- All I had to do was under go a training program similar to boot camp.
- The second is simply some great advice for those who are going off to basic training / boot camp..
- The mental strength required by each and everyone cannot be given in the form of boot camp or training.
- They're every bit Marines, even if they don't attend boot camp and aren't assigned combat missions.
- He vividly remembers his boot camp drill sergeant demanding of each new soldier what they were fighting for.
- By World War I, The Bluejacket's Manual was issued alongside the Handy Book to every recruit entering boot camp.
- He had done his training apprenticeship at a boot camp north of Denver.
campamento de entrenamiento de reclutas de Marina
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.