In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The price is ridiculous, thanks to the deep unfashionability of dry Bordeaux white wine.
- There was a bottle of Bordeaux on ice as well as a bottle of Champagne chilling down below.
- But get it wrong and the food can have a very odd effect on the wine - red Bordeaux with blue cheese springs to mind.
- I could have chosen a wonderful Bordeaux, but I didn't because this wine reminds me of so many memories.
- It is because of this tannin that the classic combo of steak and young Bordeaux is such a winner.
- I actually have my own cellar at my house in Sussex where I am laying down lots of Bordeaux, among other things.
- Last year's heat produces the most puzzling vintage Bordeaux commentators can remember.
- If you take out a bottle of great red Bordeaux, you have to go through the business of decanting it and serving it properly.
- The cave consists of two climate zones: one part for the wine tasting with an open fire place and the other one with an air-conditioned and moisturized section for your favourite Bordeaux.
- This great classic is once again one of your favourite Bordeaux, and wine lovers are right in showing interest.
- I'll start out by saying that this is one of my all-round favourite Bordeaux, but the last two years I have scored it less well than usual.
- There's a Riesling glass, a Bordeaux glass, a Burgundy glass, a Pinotage glass.
- Dry Bordeaux white wine is a hugely overlooked phenomenon, but it is a star on the rise.
- It directly marketed vintage Bordeaux and personalised champagne to the Irish market.
- Its wines have become the reference points for Bordeaux and all Cabernet-based reds.
- It is a finely crafted red that's closer to Bordeaux than Coonawarra in style.
- We can offer high rollers a glass of their favourite Bordeaux upon their arrival, or at any time.
- The vast majority of Bordeaux and Burgundy is held by small farmers in small plots.
- As it is, the Cabernet Franc grape is often seen as a poor relation of Cabernet Sauvignon, the Bordeaux king.
- One Saturday after a match, Kevin and his wife invited me to their home and Kevin and I sat up drinking red Bordeaux.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.