In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1límite masculinewithin the parish boundaries — dentro de los límites / los / las lindes de la parroquia
- the boundary between fiction and fact — la frontera / la línea divisoria entre la ficción y la realidad
- before noun boundary line — línea divisoria
- Ropes will be required to mark out the boundary of the area as well as each plot.
- Meandering through the Oxfordshire countryside, the river marks the eastern boundary of the public part of the garden.
- An old stone wall marks the boundary of the plot to one side, while a rocky hill and concrete wall flanks the other.
- Work is going on all this week at the club to bring down the poplars, which line the eastern boundary of the course alongside the first hole.
- There were fields beyond Scots Lane to the north and the cathedral marked the southern boundary.
- A high wooded ridge that runs southward from the mouth of the Orne marked the boundary of the triangle to be held.
- The boundary line for private properties is usually where the sandy area ends and the vegetation begins.
- Ten points are agreed as the turning points of the boundary line.
- In the picture above, the blue lines mark the boundary of the infected region.
- Grey weathered posts, with white ant mounds creeping up around them, mark the boundary.
- Accordingly it might well be held to mark the boundary of Australia's continental shelf.
- To the west of this is Chile, with the border marking the western boundary of the national park.
- As I understand it, not so long ago, Oxford Street marked its northern boundary.
- A ball of light suddenly appeared on top of the massive wall marking the boundary of the city.
- You know, the neighbors are one meter away, across a river or across a boundary line.
- The line came to be regarded as marking the northern boundary of the area where agriculture could be safely pursued.
- Nonetheless, the boundary ditches mark a significant moment in the long history of the valley.
- This street marks the boundary between the old and new districts of the city.
- The decision to draw the boundary according to county lines made little social, economic, or geographical sense.
- Lay a hose or piece of rope on the ground to mark the boundary of your planting area, and plant within it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.