In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(patience/generosity/love) sin límites(energy/resources) ilimitado(resources/energy) inagotable(space/universe) infinito
- Their talking is boundless, already happening, and is not likely to stop.
- With these two, we each are reminded that we truly are a limitless, boundless, being.
- This is represented by the smooth point - the infinite singularity within the boundless circle.
- With boundless energy and endless enthusiasm, it's hardly surprising that he makes a natural volunteer.
- He has a boundless voice; there are no real limits to his range as a tenor and he is a joy to listen to.
- His passion for classical music, coupled with boundless energy, has made him one of the most prolific composers of the age.
- That is astonishing scoring yet his intimidation factor has become as immense as his seemingly boundless talent.
- The third kind of knife was the immense and boundless rage directed against him.
- We will multiply and prosper such that our empire is infinite and our ingenuity boundless.
- More importantly, however, it sounds like a fantastic debut album by a boundless and frighteningly talented band.
- Dutch jazz has a light heart and a joyful swing, and this quartet brings boundless energy and excitement to its live gigs.
- As I watched this film, an eager victim of its boundless will to astound, I found my loyal memories of the book beginning to fade.
- Endless prosperity and boundless new highs in the stock market were ours to enjoy forever.
- Other speakers referred to his boundless energy and his capacity grasp any issue within a very short time.
- Every week, he would arrive on stage, bursting with boundless energy.
- The creation of the new government was greeted with immense goodwill and boundless hopes, but the honeymoon was not to last.
- She amazed everybody with her genuine interest, indepth knowledge and boundless energy.
- Apart from an unbelievable work ethic and boundless energy, Costello was also very much a family man.
- Not merely a gargantuan egotist with boundless artistic ambition, he was a prankster on a grand scale.
- Reluctant at first to take on the job, Micko returned with boundless enthusiasm to tackle a fresh challenge.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.