In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(generous)(goddess/nature/king) munificente literary(goddess/nature/king) pródigo literaryto play Lady Bountiful — hacerse la dadivosa
- The sun dances on me, it teems, bountiful with its time.
- He took nourishment from press conferences, where he was notably generous, but not bountiful enough to promise a match.
2(abundant)(gifts/harvest/supply) copioso(gifts/harvest/supply) abundante
- Emotion, drama and art have been in bountiful supply.
- For an intro to Thai food, suffice it to say it involves a bountiful supply of exotic ingredients and herbs like lemon grass, basil, the kaffir lime, galangal and more.
- Maybe it's not too much to say that our delight also makes us repent of the ways we fail to share our bountiful and abundant food when many are starving.
- We have learned through science and technology how to turn the bountiful resources of the earth into vast quantities of goods, enough to provide for all if we share.
- Macrae uses them as a bulk ingredient, suggesting that he finds himself in the fortunate position of having a bountiful local supply.
- While Chicago is mainly known for its rich Blues history, its place in America's bountiful Jazz heritage is sadly overlooked.
- Its bountiful supply of offshore oil should make it one of Africa's richest countries.
- The fertile fields, sparkling rivers and game-rich woods furnished a bountiful supply of food.
- The man had been wading in a river known for its bountiful fish supply.
- With the Kildare town bypass approved, with a section cutting through the Irish National Stud, the offer of Kildangan was a bountiful gift.
- They contested one county final in that time but had such a rich and bountiful supply of under-age talent that the senior team were regarded as underachievers.
- There's an embarrassingly bountiful supply of good food in the kitchen.
- But the draw there for Evan was the rich and bountiful entertainment industry.
- Stick to natural, home-grown, and chemical-free products and you'll have a bountiful supply of healthful food choices.
- One example is the island's bountiful supply of running water.
- Once upon a time there was a beautiful kingdom blessed with a bountiful supply of natural resources and tremendous human potential.
- While it lacks the precious natural resources of cotton and grain, they do have a bountiful supply of nuclear waste lying around.
- Is there a richer or more bountiful collection of resources to be found on the Web today?
- Breakfast was, like all the meals, a leisurely affair taken from an overflowing buffet of fresh fruits or bountiful sausages, eggs and yes, home-cured bacon!
- The latter are in bountiful supply but between the hill birds, sheep and myself, there is a fair amount of competition for the latter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.