In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural bouquets garnis
1ramito compuesto masculine
- Throw in the bouquet garni, bring to a simmer and cook at a very gentle simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Tie with a piece of butcher's twine to form a bouquet garni, In a saucepan, add the Port and bouquet garni.
- Reduce the heat, add the garlic and bouquet garni, and maintain at a simmer.
- Add the carrot, white wine, chicken stock, tomato, and the bouquet garni and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and chopped herbs or bouquet garni.
- Remove from the heat and discard the bouquet garni.
- Add chopped onions, peeled carrots, a bouquet garni made of parsley stalks, leek and celery sticks and a little bundle of thyme all tied up with string.
- Add the fish stock and the bouquet garni and bring to a boil.
- Add 250 ml of the beef broth and the bouquet garni, cover and bring to the boil.
- His appreciation for herbs led him to come up with the ingenious idea of a bouquet garni: a small posy of fragrant herbs tied up in a porous fabric for slow seasoning in stews and soups.
- Also, while it won't be the end of the world if you don't add the bouquet garni or the parsley, it will make your dinner taste better.
- Instead I found a pleasing bouquet garni of sage and thyme, solid blackcurrant, plum and complementary Asian spice.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, cayenne pepper, and the bouquet garni.
- The standard bouquet garni is now a bundle of thyme, bay leaf, and parsley; but the composition of the bundle is variable and cooks have their own preferences.
- Add the reserved both and bouquet garni, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- In a heavy casserole, pour chicken stock or water to a depth of 5cm and add the carrots, large onions, celery, peppercorns and bouquet garni.
- Increase the heat, add the onions, carrots, celery, bouquet garni, and water, and bring to a boil.
- Cover the ham with water, then throw in your vegetables, bay leaves, peppercorns and bouquet garni.
- Bay is a herb that is invariably slung into stews or tucked into a bouquet garni.
- Remove from the heat, add the bouquet garni, and set aside for 30 minutes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.