In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boutonniere masculine USprendido masculine Spainhe was wearing a boutonniere — llevaba un boutonniere
- A Boutonnière can be as simple as a flower passed through a buttonhole.
- I reached for his boutonnière that I had set for convenient access on a nearby chair.
- Welcome to our prom corsage and boutonnière gallery!
- The blushing Bride has her beautiful bouquet and the proud groom has his bold boutonnière.
- Here's a step-by-step guide on do-it-yourself boutonnières.
- You may get the best deals if you buy the corsage and boutonnière at the same flower shop.
- Use a dressmaker's pin to attach the boutonnière to the jacket.
- The groom's boutonnière should be different from the rest.
- We've pulled together our favorite boutonnières, and we've got styles for every groom.
- A boutonnière brings a sense of class and style to your suit lapel.
- Many of these boutonnières were samples in our store.
- We offer elegant silk bridal bouquets, romantic silk wedding flower packages, classic nosegays, corsages, boutonnières, and traditional wedding accessories.
- Wedding boutonnières add the final flourish to a gentlemen's outfit.
- This is the most recognized and used boutonnière in weddings today.
- The boutonnière features one splendid white rose decorated with baby's breath.
- He tenderly slipped a corsage onto my wrist, and I made my mother pin his boutonnière.
- Each boutonnière is hand prepared with delicate greens and with floral tape.
- And the guy of your dreams will look as handsome as you imagined with a classic rose boutonnière pinned to his lapel.
- The boutonnières, corsages and bouquet were all yellow roses, just blooming, to match the bridesmaids gowns.
- This simple boutonnière has 15 Swarovski Crystals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.