In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corbata de moño feminine Latin Americapajarita feminine Spaincorbata de humita feminine Chilecorbatín masculine Colombiamoñita feminine Uruguay
- With so many treacherous players involved, the case oftentimes twisted into a puzzle that makes the Gordian Knot appear a bow tie.
- ‘No,’ he speaks in a meek voice. I release my grip and help him straighten the knot of his bow tie.
- I own a three-button tuxedo and bought a straight black silk tie to wear as an alternative to my bow tie, also black of course.
- Dogitt walked onto the stage wearing a top hat, a bow tie, and shiny, tapping shoes.
- Gerald wore typical male attire of a tuxedo with a bow tie.
- But, knowing gravity like a lover, he tore off, leaving the last bullet of his foe to land squarely on the knot of a half-twisted bow tie.
- As for learning how to tie a bow tie - you might be lucky and get it in one go, or it might take you weeks like it took me… Buy the tie now and practice, but get a clip-on just in case.
- The powerful central figure is a classic one-button tuxedo in wool crêpe with satin lapels worn with a classic tuxedo shirt and bow tie.
- Gold is still in and the favourite for ties is the scrunch or regular tie rather than the bow tie or cravat.
- Make sure you have your tuxedo, cufflinks and bow tie in check.
- Somewhere along the line he'd pulled off his bow tie and his dress shirt hung open, allowing wiry hairs to tickle my face.
- Spence, 49, was reportedly found fully clothed in a black tuxedo with a white bow tie, lying on his bed.
- All players must be in full dress at tournaments (i.e. trousers, long sleeved shirt, waistcoat, bow tie and shoes).
- Daryl walked out of his house and down his front steps wearing a black tuxedo with the bow tie undone as well as the top button of his shirt, holding a small red rose corsage surrounded by baby's breath.
- Tossing the magazine aside, he attempted to knot his bow tie again.
- Complete your look with a sharp-looking pair of shoes and a bow tie.
- This meant that this writer could leave his bow tie, tabi's, white pants and shirt at home, put on a mawashi and get in on the fun.
- A wing collar is found in the traditional shirt and is typically coupled with a bow tie and cummerbund.
- The bridegroom is able to hire his choice of morning suit or dinner suit, tuxedo, shirt and cravat or bow tie.
- The most common form of neckwear, you can choose between a black bow tie (satin looks sleek), or matching your bow tie with your vest, if you're wearing one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.