In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Anatomylarge bowel — intestino grueso masculine
- to move / open one's bowels — hacer de vientre
- When the disease affects only the rectum - the final portion of the bowel, it is known as proctitis.
- There are plans for a national bowel screening program to begin here in Australia.
- It coats the inside of the bowel and makes it easier to see on the x-rays.
- Less commonly, endometriosis can occur on the bladder, bowel or other organs.
- The pelvic floor is formed of layers of muscle that support the uterus, bowel and bladder.
- Cancer of the small bowel, the longer, thinner part of the intestines is much rarer.
- The large intestine or large bowel consists of the colon and the section before the anus, the rectum.
- Most infections are caused by bacteria that live harmlessly in your bowel.
- It often affects more than one part of the bowel leaving normal, unaffected areas in-between.
- So when you say permeability you mean the bowel literally becomes more leaky than it should be.
- One baby was lying on each side of her stomach but her bowel sat in a band across it, and was so heavy it was like carrying a third child.
- Other operations included a double bowel and bladder transplant and treatment for a burst appendix.
- Try taking some laxatives to help the muscles of the bowel to constrict.
- Terrified and claustrophobic she vomited and evacuated her bowel and bladder.
- The doctor will listen to your description of symptoms and will probably want to know about your bowel habit.
- The upper cut end of the bowel is brought out through this opening and the edges are stitched to the margins of the opening.
- The colon is the large intestine or lower bowel and sits in the abdomen, forming the last part of the digestive tract.
- In contrast to those of the large bowel, benign villous adenomas of the urinary tract are rare.
- This misplaced tissue may be found on the ovaries, uterus, bowel, pelvis and abdomen.
- Peritonitis causes the normal bowel movement to stop and the bowel to become blocked.
literaryin the bowels of the earth — en las entrañas de la tierra literary
- No wonder there's an air of trepidation deep in the bowels of the new Mound complex as they look forward to seeing the entries.
- Of course, I am doing most of my work in a windowless meeting room deep in the bowels of the structure.
- Deep in bowels of the mansion was the epicentre of communication technology and field command.
- Dark things were happening last week, deep in the bowels of Scottish Labour, as rival factions settled accounts.
- He came upon an alley deep within the bowels of the city and spotted his prey below him.
- But what if someone stood up and admitted whatever he held deep within the bowels of his soul.
- He was deep in the bowels of the Utopian hierarchy's realm, so there was no turning back now.
- Once she was sure the rope was secure she lowered the bucket into the deep bowels of the well.
- He would have to take it deep into the bowels of the earth, for the glorious Garland Battle was about to begin.
- The clerk practically jumped from his chair and scurried off, deep into the bowels of the office.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.