In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1evacuación (intestinal) feminine
- Many people think that normal means having one bowel movement every day, but that's not always true.
- There are, however, several signs that a bowel movement is abnormal and should be discussed with a physician.
- Straining during a bowel movement increases pressure on the veins around the anus and can lead to hemorrhoids.
- Although changes in frequency of bowel movements and looseness of stools can vary independently of each other, changes usually occur in both.
- This page tells you about the bowel and how factors such as diet and medication can affect your bowel movements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.