In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(in bowling alley)bolos masculinebowling masculine
- Despite this, she is able to shop, cook, clean and carry out many other day-to-day tasks as well as take part in her favourite hobbies of ten-pin bowling and ice-skating.
- Some recreational activities were retained to cater for the needs of the ADF population across all age groups, such as golf and ten-pin bowling.
- She would stay at mine a lot when she first came up to Scotland and we'd socialise, going ten-pin bowling or to the cinema.
- There had been a puffball big enough for ten-pin bowling.
- When you spend time away from a physical skill such as bowling, your feel suffers.
- The group continues to enjoy bingo and ten pin bowling on alternate Tuesdays.
- Cream teas, ten-pin bowling and a visit to Stonehenge are just some of the experiences planned for a group of exchange students due to visit Trowbridge next week.
- They have been swimming at Dauntsey's School, horse riding at Burbage, and have also gone ten-pin bowling and ice skating.
- He is more than 100 years old and enjoys ten-pin bowling and chamber music.
- Sports such as golf, tennis, squash, rugby and ten-pin bowling were contested.
- Brendan's chosen events are ten-pin bowling and golf.
- Ten pin bowling isn't the greatest spectator sport, even if you know the people involved.
- Bickershaw batted first but, as has been the case all summer, Wythenshawe's superb bowling saw them skittled out for just 84.
- Plans to build a new £500,000 ten-pin bowling centre and roller-skate rink in Selby have finally been given the go-ahead.
- The French flautists joined in all other activities, including ten pin bowling, sight-seeing and shopping.
- Hoggard likes bowling simply because he likes bowling and he would rather think about his pet dog than the complexities of cricket which so fascinate many other people.
- As well as swimming, ten pin bowling and football, Simon is a keen actor with the Mind the Gap drama group and attends Craven College in Skipton.
- They will first visit the National Aquatic Centre in Abbotstown, followed by ten pin bowling in Blanchardstown.
- At about quarter to four there was a text message from Leigh saying that if it was still raining at 5pm he would pick everyone up and we could go ten-pin bowling.
- It would have involved bowling frozen turkeys down the ice at skittles.
- It is comprised of computerised ten pin bowling; children's soft play areas and birthday party areas.
- For the more sedate, there was ten pin bowling and splat the rat.
- Adare Active Retirement Association will hold ten pin bowling at the Bowling Centre, Ennis Road this Thursday.
- For the first time in his life, he had time to devote to new hobbies, chief among them bowling.
- This float looks like a miniature skittle seen in a bowling lane.
- The exhausted candidate decided to unwind with a midnight game of ten-pin bowling and asked Klein to join him.
1.2(on grass)→ bowls
- Virtually all of Taylor's predictions about the decline of the sport of bowling have come to pass.
- Now, as she sat in her room, she wished that she hadn't given up bowling, a sport she actually enjoyed playing.
- Due to the accessible and adaptable nature of the game, bowling is also an ideal sport for the disabled.
- There are all kinds of recreation, such as indoor bowling, card games, keep fit exercises, rings and many more.
- Activities include arts and crafts, sports, swimming, bowling, cinema and a day trip.
- The other night we took the whole cast to the Hollywood Bowl and were bowling until around 1.30 am.
- Mr Heyes, 58, started bowling at Keighley AMF Bowl at 7am, cheered on by his friends and family.
- As a sport, bowling has started to shed its image as a game played strictly for weekend fun and recreation.
- Roth is considered the man responsible for revolutionizing the sport of bowling.
- These included arts and crafts, swimming, knock out competitions, a trip to the cinema, drama, sports, bowling and a day trip out of town.
- We are spending my birthday bowling at King George Bowl in downtown Saskatoon and after that we will be retiring to Ozzie's Restaurant on Idywyld.
- Of course, you could also just play a normal game of bowling.
- Whether bowling is your sport of choice or you'd rather go hiking on any given day, there is a wide variety of athletic shoes to choose from.
- These persons may participate in low-intensity sports such as bowling, golf, billiards, and cricket.
- For Brittany, a sense of belonging is nurtured at sports like softball and bowling.
- Billiards, bowling, chess and golf are among the few sports to allow the sexes to compete against each other.
- Activities included parties, shows, dinners and numerous sports competitions including football, bowling, golf and volleyball.
- I know our local association does very little to promote the sport of bowling.
- They've been recommended ahead of a long list of other Olympic aspirants, including squash, surfing, dance sport, bowling and chess.
- Well, now it's time for a lower impact sport, bowling, with Ciara.
2(in cricket)lanzamiento masculine
- Although overall the bowling wasn't as good as usual there were no 4-0 games and everyone appeared to enjoy it.
- His colleagues succumbed to the bowling of Tim Grey who took 6-41.
- Lehmann admitted that the bowling so far ‘looked underdone’ but he hoped they had got the kinks out of their armour before taking on Surrey.
- So he told himself he must not play his big shots until he had judged the state of the pitch, the pace of the bowling and the feel of the game.
- McGrath and Lee should open the bowling for Australia Thursday after England captain Michael Vaughan won the toss and decided to bat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.