In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viga hueca feminine
- This method made it necessary to place vertical steel pins through the top and bottom slabs of the deck box girder.
- The column-free space is spanned by main trusses that rest on box girders.
- He has been testing a 31-m trapezoidal steel box girder, 2 m deep, that would accommodate seismic displacement.
- The steel strut is a fabricated plate box girder weighing 800 lb/ft.
- Seven magnificent reinforced concrete piers, the world's tallest, with heights ranging from 78 to 245 meters will support the 32-meter- wide steel superstructure with its trapezoidal hollow box girders.
- To span this space Peters designed the frame's most innovative element: a 143-foot-long giant steel box girder as the primary support for the first balcony.
- Currently about 80% complete, the first 2200 feet of guideway is a cast-in-place trapezoidal concrete box girder.
- The arch's 4-ft-wide box girder is 6 ft deep at mid-span and 20 ft deep at the ends.
- For aesthetic reasons, the bascule span uses steel box girders - a first for bascule span bridges.
- The precast dual box girders weigh 35 tons each, with pier segments up to 60 tons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.