In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boxeo masculinebox masculine
- His company's bid was to turn the Dome into an arena for rock concerts and sports including boxing, tennis and athletics.
- Though boxing is a male-dominated sport, she says she has never had to check her femininity at the door.
- It is not without reason that the formal rules of boxing, judo, fencing and even dueling require that the combatants salute each other before the engagement.
- Great Harwood took a different angle and staged a boxing, wrestling and weight-lifting contest on the cricket field.
- But the 21-stone martial arts expert, who owns a boxing and training gymnasium, said he was now happy to draw a line under the past.
- The - final score would have baffled Einstein - and had the game been a boxing match the referee would have stopped it long before time was up.
- Only boxing asks an athlete to be supremely fit while playing offense and defense simultaneously with life at stake.
- He's a veteran and he knows his boxing and I think you're going to see a lot of my jabs in this fight.
- The heavyweight boxing championship in cricket has been underway for a week or so now.
- He's kind of figured out what he wants from life and I think he's enjoying his boxing now.
- As for what goes on in the ring, the actual boxing can be a lot of fun.
- Through practising the boxing, people can build up their body and improve the physical defence against disease.
- John was a coach far beyond his years and handed down his boxing and soccer knowledge to thousands of kids.
- Despite its recent forced move into the world of the ridiculous, the boxing and wrestling commission has long roots.
- He began to get his boxing together and his confidence was ebbing back.
- Most of the fighters had a little boxing or martial arts experience but some were just raw street fighters.
- There is also significant interest being shown in exchanges with the boxing and volleyball teams.
- He has covered ice hockey, golf, boxing and football.
- I was hoping for a fight and a boxing match broke out, to paraphrase an old joke.
- Whether it be football, rugby, tennis or boxing, Dermot will accompany each star to the game of their choice and talk to them about their love of the game.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.