In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boicot masculineboicoteo masculineto mount a boycott — organizar un boicot / boicoteo
- The university employers' body also arrogantly dismissed the action, believing the boycott would fizzle out.
- Independent Financial Advisers who sell its policies have threatened boycotts.
- But there was not a great enough turnout under the NUT's own rules to sanction a boycott.
- We are not in a situation, more precisely, we do not have a relationship of forces that permits an active boycott.
- They could not overcome the effects of the US boycott and the lack of any popular democracy or mass participation in the organisation of society, an essential feature of any socialist revolution.
- The grape boycott helped change policy precisely because it did not try to delegitimize a whole society.
- Union branches up and down the country held meetings attended by unusually large numbers of members and submitted resolutions calling for the boycott to be dropped.
- Some SSP members argue for a boycott in the Euro referendum.
- The boycott by the Democratic state senators repeats the tactic employed by Democratic members of the lower house who left Texas as a group three months ago.
- It was rightly condemned in the free world, leading to sanctions and boycotts.
- There were provisions in relation to the bargaining division in Schedule 8 and provisions in relation to boycotts in Schedule 17.
- Two Australian wool bodies have approached the boycott in very different ways.
- Although more than 35,000 members voted, the National Union has ruled that this is not enough to sanction a boycott.
- The art scene was still firmly in thrall to the cultural boycott, which restricted South African artists from showing overseas, and overseas artists from showing here.
- The union has threatened to call for solidarity actions by its members at all sister newspapers and a boycott of all Media 24 newspapers if its demands are not met.
- I have e-mailed the company and also copied my message to the financial investors for the Body Shop, stating that I will begin a boycott of Body Shop products effective immediately.
- Our demands were rejected, so we called for a boycott.
- The awful truth will never go away - and indeed demands continuing exposure, sanctions, boycotts and bans applied to the guilty countries by an indignant world.
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee cannot meet without at least one Democrat present, so a unanimous boycott would delay if not torpedo the nomination.
- Our call for a boycott is not based on the belief that socialists, in general and in all cases, must refuse to participate in bourgeois elections.
1boicotearhacerle el boicot a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.