In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sostén masculinesujetador masculine Spainbrasier masculine Colombia Mexicocorpiño masculine River Platesoutien masculine Uruguay
- They have built-in support bras that come in a range of adjustable sizes.
- One of my bras lost an underwire in the washing machine a few months back.
- The figures in Bathers sport various combinations of underpants, undershirts and bras.
- Women were burning bras because they were a symbol of oppression which is in contrast to your view as bras as support.
- Of course, the other major component of any woman's lingerie collection is her bras.
- Keep in mind, though, that with or without underwires, bras with no straps will not be as supportive.
- For a long time, women have worn traditional bras that are supported by shoulder and back straps.
- Still, there's no way to put a good spin on the situation in the lingerie department, where most of the cutest bras are B cup and bigger.
- If underwire bras are run though a washing machine, their wires will poke out for sure.
- I say, for both maternity and nursing, wear regular underwire bras in the closest size to what you should be wearing that you can find.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- I look at my clock, standing in my bra and underwear while ironing my shirt of choice.
- To avoid severe chaffing, endurance athletes should look for bras that are seamless.
- For underwear, especially sports bras, visit Debenhams or Jenners; both have a good selection in stock.
- Lovable made bras and lingerie, supplying retailers that also included Sears and Victoria's Secret.
- Those who stay there wear maroon robes with no bras or underwear.
- Underwear makers promote support bras made without an underwire, as even a small bit of metal can trigger a sensitive alarm.
- I had shoes and dresses and they were beautiful, now all I needed was underwear, bras and socks and I would be happy.
- She doesn't just sell her underwear, though: slips, bras, body stockings, and socks are all hot sellers.
- Hanging bras on a hook in your closet prevents the underwire from getting twisted and pulled, as it would in a dresser drawer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.