In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sostén masculinesujetador masculine Spainbrasier masculine Mexico Colombiacorpiño masculine River Platesoutien masculine Uruguay
- If underwire bras are run though a washing machine, their wires will poke out for sure.
- She doesn't just sell her underwear, though: slips, bras, body stockings, and socks are all hot sellers.
- The figures in Bathers sport various combinations of underpants, undershirts and bras.
- They have built-in support bras that come in a range of adjustable sizes.
- I look at my clock, standing in my bra and underwear while ironing my shirt of choice.
- For underwear, especially sports bras, visit Debenhams or Jenners; both have a good selection in stock.
- Women were burning bras because they were a symbol of oppression which is in contrast to your view as bras as support.
- I had shoes and dresses and they were beautiful, now all I needed was underwear, bras and socks and I would be happy.
- Those who stay there wear maroon robes with no bras or underwear.
- Still, there's no way to put a good spin on the situation in the lingerie department, where most of the cutest bras are B cup and bigger.
- Underwear makers promote support bras made without an underwire, as even a small bit of metal can trigger a sensitive alarm.
- Hanging bras on a hook in your closet prevents the underwire from getting twisted and pulled, as it would in a dresser drawer.
- For a long time, women have worn traditional bras that are supported by shoulder and back straps.
- One of my bras lost an underwire in the washing machine a few months back.
- Of course, the other major component of any woman's lingerie collection is her bras.
- Lovable made bras and lingerie, supplying retailers that also included Sears and Victoria's Secret.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- To avoid severe chaffing, endurance athletes should look for bras that are seamless.
- I say, for both maternity and nursing, wear regular underwire bras in the closest size to what you should be wearing that you can find.
- Keep in mind, though, that with or without underwires, bras with no straps will not be as supportive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.