In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All joints must be glued and the trim fastened with brads, preferably using pneumatic nailers, which leave very small fastener holes.
- To finish the piece, I positioned the calendar over the face of the first frame and attached it at the top and bottom using 3/8-inch brass brads so the pages could be flipped easily.
- Trim was attached with carpenter's glue and brads.
- Drive 5/8-in. brads through the plywood into the cleats.
- Attach the center dial to the calculator with a brad or thumbtack.
- The mitered corners are glued and nailed together with 1-in. brads.
- After the counter is installed on top of the cabinet, the wood strip is attached to the front edge of the counter using glue and small, air-driven brads.
- Attach the flower to the bottom left with a brad.
- To attach the two outer frames to one another, I nailed brads through a 1-inch wood block that I had placed between the frames on the inside perimeter.
- Nails range from the smallest, thinnest brads to large, weighty spikes.
- Cut the vellum in half, and attach each piece to the body with brads.
- Attach plywood with panel adhesive and brads and sand it flush with front edge.
- Use a handsaw and miter box to cut four pieces of L-shaped edge molding to fit around the canvas; secure the molding by hammering several brads through the back of it and into the wood frame holding the canvas.
- His son, Daniel Bisbee, Jr., bought a mill on Second Brook where he made tacks and brads in partnership with Henry Soule.
- Almost all the squares are tacked to the wall at three corners with tiny brads; a fourth nail was evidently inserted and then removed, leaving a telltale hole.
- These were cut to a 3-inch outside measurement and attached from below with glue and brads.
- Galvanized brads are great if using an air or electric hammer.
- If you've taught in a classroom, you're probably familiar with the concept, but must still admire the inexpensive and extensive sets that only need scissors, glue, and brads to put together.
- Also, brads from a nail gun become almost invisible when nailed.
- I used staples at the top and bottom before face nailing two brads through each short rail of the front and back face frames (into the side frames).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.