In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derogatory(child)mocoso masculine derogatorymocosa feminine derogatoryescuincle masculine Mexicoescuincla feminine Mexico
- The spoilt brats born in the 1950s have lived a charmed life.
- They will boycott classes and become violent at the flimsiest of excuses and generally behave like spoilt brats.
- I've helped bring up the brats children of friends etc., although obviously that's no real comparison with the real thing.
- And when they are shown they are either precocious brats or philosophy-spouting saints.
- It was like watching two spoiled brats fight, where they got everything anyone could ask for in this world.
- I wondered if my sister actually enjoyed being such a cliché of a teenage brat.
- What happens when you trap four spoiled brats from a posh British boarding school in an abandoned bunker for 18 days?
- She can be a sweet little thing, but she can also be a real brat, like most kids in this building are.
- You could have an overbearing brat on your hands and it would not be the child's fault.
- He wasn't in the least handsome, but seemed the figure of manhood to some of the younger palace brats.
- The fact that the noisy little brats outside are driving me to distraction doesn't help!
- He behaved like a spoiled brat, his power unchecked and uncontrolled.
- You can find all sorts of colourful books for your brats here.
- Lydia wasn't about to suffer this indignity at the hands of an upstart brat of a girl.
- Several had already spawned horrid brats, who they brought with them to meet their new mommy.
- He managed this because everybody wanted to wear what he designed, in much the same way as spoilt brats want certain toys for Christmas.
- But what is harder to condone than the folly of youth is the sight of the game's senior figures acting like petulant, paranoid brats.
- But the all-out award for nauseating singing has to go to the demonic brats who attend England Schoolboy matches.
- Our team is comprised of spoiled brats who make more in a week than most of us do in a year - more in a day than a lot of people in the world make in a lifetime.
- We should not forget that making our kids spoilt brats is not true love.
2(spoilt person)niño mimado masculineniña mimada feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.