In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(issue/project) primordial(issue/project) que se ocupa de necesidades básicasthis is just a bread-and-butter job — hago este trabajo solo para vivir / para ganarme la vida
- His dream remained forging art works, but this was still his bread and butter.
- Put simply, the Wolves should rely on their bread and butter and abandon what doesn't work.
- Of course their bread and butter depends on advertising, but that's the nature of commercial broadcasting.
- Sporadic work, from a wide variety of sources, is their bread and butter.
- It's bread and butter work and a host of other urgers and coat tuggers have now tuned in to the lurk.
- The downturn is also thought to affect the fee income of barristers for whom personal injuries work is often their bread and butter.
- But there are thousands for whom commercials, though not their sole income, are bread and butter.
- Twenty years ago, however, the company's bread and butter work was nailing matrimonial infidels.
- You have your bread and butter income, from doing things like setting up a teaching practice or running a covers band with a commercial edge to it.
- Secondly, why do working women live on bread and butter while working men live on beefsteak and butter?
- Her bread and butter work is commercial photography but artwork is her passion.
- Amongst his academic duties, Dane intends to take up rugby, the school's main sporting bread and butter.
- It has been unfortunate that many of the ties have fallen on dates when the club would have had home league games to provide their bread and butter income.
- Such chips are, of course, bread and butter to Apple and essential for its on-going business strategy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.