In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1miga (de pan) feminine
- Here, I have combined it with breadcrumbs and parsley to make a delicious crust for grilled fish such as whiting, lemon sole or sea bream.
- This consists of mussels deep-fried in a light batter served with a sauce of oil, garlic, breadcrumbs and yoghurt.
- For fresh breadcrumbs use bread that is about three days old so it crumbs easily.
- If you have made fresh breadcrumbs, work just a little olive oil into the breadcrumbs so that they glisten but are still quite dry.
- Now drain the pasta and toss it with the warm garlic breadcrumbs, the grilled sardines, the sliced oranges and the chopped parsley.
- This month the big, fat summer halibut are grilled under breadcrumbs.
- While the soup is simmering, make the meatballs by combining the meat, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush the sheet of filo dough with olive oil, then sprinkle with roughly a tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- Place the garlic, breadcrumbs and parsley in a food processor and blend briefly, then add the oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the peanut butter and breadcrumbs and whizz to form a thick paste.
- The vanilla ice cream, which hadn't melted one bit, had been coated in crushed nuts and breadcrumbs then dropped into the fryer.
- English boiled ham to be eaten cold has toasted breadcrumbs pressed over the fat to make a coating.
- It should be served with bread sauce, thin gravy and fried breadcrumbs.
- Place the bread in a food processor and whizz until breadcrumbs are formed.
- It was eggplant baked with breadcrumbs and some kind of sauce and cilantro.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and breadcrumbs and cook, stirring all the time, until golden.
- Stuff that manicotti with breadcrumbs and serve on a piece of garlic toast.
- Tobias looked down embarrassed and wiped away the casserole stain and breadcrumbs.
- Add the breadcrumbs by the tablespoon until the mix is firm enough to shape into balls.
- In a bowl, mix fennel puree and breadcrumbs; season with salt and pepper to taste.
2Cookingpan rallado masculinepan molido masculine Mexico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.