In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(beauty/view) impresionante(beauty/view) imponente
- The breathtaking new images from Mars have the seductive familiarity of holiday snapshots.
- At the peak, the 360 degree view of the surrounding valley is breathtaking on a clear day.
- The music is exhilarating, the costumes are breathtaking, and the acting is superb.
- What did those people know about the breathtaking beauty of nature and her wares?
- The result is spectacular, breathtaking, and needs to be seen to be grasped fully.
- The setting is a breathtaking reminder of the wondrous beauty of our province.
- These great performances are supplemented by quite breathtaking visuals of a phenomenal quality.
- The views down all three branches of the lake are breathtaking.
- Three particular decisions made by Government are breathtaking in their foolishness.
- As a photographer, I am, of course, touched by the breathtaking beauty of our wildlife.
- In her paintings, she is able to express a breathtaking religious ecstasy.
- To see these crowds running around in different directions in front of you with no slow-down was breathtaking.
- The sensuality of the moment is breathtaking, causing cheeks to blush and pulses to pound.
- It's a rugged county with a spectacular and breathtaking coastline, full of history and legend.
- The cinematography is breathtaking and every element of the production design feels authentic.
- Start at the top end of town for the sheer breathtaking spectacle, if nothing else.
- Eyes that sparkled with all the mystery and magic of the dream lit up a face of breathtaking beauty.
- It was a breathtaking tour, with dazzling blue waters on one side and broad flat shorelines on the other.
- The alpine air was inspirational, and the view from the tower at the summit was breathtaking.
- That said, all this breathtaking footage had to be broken up somehow.
2(stupidity/simplicity/arrogance) pasmoso(stupidity/arrogance/simplicity) increíble
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.