In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The brevity of the short film format, sadly, undermines the good intentions of the filmmakers.
- So, in the interest of brevity, here's a quick rundown of what sucked.
- The one factor in the movie's favor is its brevity - only 81 minutes, including credits.
- Indeed, the only thing particularly remarkable about the story is it relative brevity.
- Its refreshing brevity of ten minutes made it a convenient apéritif for the concerto to follow.
- In the interest of brevity, we decided to reduce the initial item pool.
- If there was one thing that disappointed me it was the apparent brevity of the show.
- In spite of its brevity, it still remains a fine specimen of how a group of fragmentary ideas can be moulded into a unified whole.
- Conversely, the shorter numbers are often stifling in their brevity.
- Its only saving grace was its brevity - 78 minutes that crawled by like the Hundred Years' War.
- The movie's brevity (it's only two hours long) thus comes as a relief.
- We're not showing the output for reasons of brevity, but you could try it on your own.
- But in the interest of brevity I now leave this short summary as it is.
- This is a haunting and powerful piece, all the more effective for its relative brevity.
- Considered as a whole, the seams do show cuts were made in the interests of brevity.
- In the interest of brevity (here as well as in my initial post) I use these terms loosely.
- He did so with an ability, clarity and, given the mass of material, brevity for which we both thank and commend him.
- Its brevity and limited depth really hurts, rather than helps it.
- The brevity of the counseling intervention may have been insufficient to affect change.
- The number and brevity of the scenes also present problems.
2(conciseness)brevedad feminineconcisión feminine
- There were other items in the agreement that have been omitted for brevity.
- A customer who responds positively to a cleverly worded e-mail may prefer brevity and clarity in voice mail messages.
- It benefits from its clear writing style, its many examples, and its brevity.
- And the first lesson all journalists should learn is that brevity - clear, tight writing - is key.
- The initial sections are tight little vignettes whose brevity lends them a narrative crispness.
- The 900-page books aside, we applaud brevity, speed and quick thinking.
- Strengths of the book are its brevity, the lively, incisive writing, and the authors' willingness to take a stand.
- I'd say that is because it is a model of brevity and clarity.
- The need for brevity made Lincoln pack a great deal into few words.
- In the interests, I imagine, of brevity, those last two words have been omitted in later editions.
- He searched for the right words to relay this information with brevity.
- We have condensed the ideas into our own words, for the sake of brevity and clarity.
- Imagine the exclamatory brevity that space travel writing might bring.
- In spite of its brevity, it is the most comprehensive summary listing that I have seen in print.
- Jin does not endow his protagonist with high powers of lyricism, brevity or a particularly happy ending.
- He explains, Americans are conditioned to equate visual brevity with success and power.
- None of this is compromised for the sake of brevity.
- Men talk about facts and want clarity and brevity.
- This brevity and intensity of focus leads to a succinct cinematic statement.
- This election campaign, which thanks to its brevity has been heated from the start, is not going to the strategists' plans.
- By its brevity, that one word expands to fill the scene, and remains as an indelible memory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.