In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1soborno masculinecohecho masculine formalcoima feminine Peru Southern Cone informalbribery and corruption — el soborno y la corrupción
- they are open to bribery — se los puede sobornar
- Public morality, especially, had been swept away in France by a tidal wave of bribery and corruption.
- He could use bribery, blackmail, and other forms of coercion to keep his dishonored promises in circulation.
- For example, some forms of corruption such as simple bribery may be universal.
- Their combined experience is counted on to eliminate any possibility of fraud and bribery.
- Those measures were aimed at eradicating corruption, bribery, and favoritism.
- It took bribery, fraud and the forging of a great red wax municipal seal to do as she wished.
- Nevertheless, the man's availability to bribery and blackmail could be useful.
- Our whole system is nothing but a corrupt cesspool of legalized bribery!
- The next area is the legal area which deals with internal competition, corruption, bribery and transparency.
- But he was also found guilty of forging financial documents, bribery, and other crimes.
- There is no need for them to try to find out fresh bribery scandals.
- The death penalty is assigned not only for violent crimes but also for acts such as bribery and corruption.
- Indians had been shamefully treated, and they remained victims of threats, bribery, and fraud.
- His business was built on corruption and bribery and, by 1973, he was in jail.
- Secrets, lies, scandals, corruption, bribery and pretensions have made a laughing stock of Indian cricket.
- France is reeling from daily revelations about bribery and corruption scandals.
- Charges including bribery and tax evasion are among the ten counts of the ethics code he is accused of violating.
- This could lead to bribery and kickbacks directed against key U.S. military leaders and soldiers.
- Medical institutions became a place of political bribery and corruption.
- To equate off-the-record briefings or informal contacts with bribery and corruption is preposterous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.