In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(procession/feast) nupcial(shop/fashions) para noviasthe bridal party — los invitados al casamiento Latin America
- For example, if your bridal gown were princess-like, a castle would be suitable.
- Derek carried Jessica up the stairs bridal style, ignoring all the stares and whistling sounds.
- Spa Day is really between the bride and her bridal party.
- This brings the usual round of laughs from the bridal party.
- I bent over slightly and brought my forearms underneath her knees, carrying her bridal style.
- Jewelers faced increased competition for bridal business in the depression.
- She was maid of honor at my wedding, gave me a bridal shower, helped me pick out my dress, etc.
- They were startled by the sound of a young woman in a bridal gown, sitting by the stream, crying softly.
- The mother of the bride ushers in her daughter to the marriage chamber and spies the rich coverlet on the bridal bed.
- Remember to bring your own wedding attire from home as there are few bridal shops in Belize.
- One of the dew breaker's victims, an elderly bridal seamstress, explains her secret of life to a young journalist.
- I get up early and travel to the bride's home or venue to do the makeup for the bride and bridal party.
- Obviously she had again mistaken Maya desperate fleeing for bridal shyness.
- Online bridal stores also carry the latest styles with the most competitive and reasonable prices.
- Around town, wedding fair posters at bus stops and bridal shop window displays are out in full force.
- Hard as I try, I can't picture myself in a traditional bridal gown without cracking up.
- The simplicity of wedding dresses today has prompted renewed interest in bridal footwear.
- With all the new styles of wedding band available to men, bridal sets are becoming even more popular.
- You're going to check out bridal dresses and you never even told your family you're getting married!
- According to bridal history, royalty not only introduced the white wedding dress, they also made it popular.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.