In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suite nupcial femininecámara nupcial feminine
- It's not the bridal suite, I thought that would be in poor taste, but I'm told it's very nice.
- Maybe on reflection some songs are best left until the reception, or even the bridal suite.
- Colt calls and makes reservations for the bridal suite for a week.
- The bridal suite was available early on the wedding day for dressing and photographs.
- The bridal suite is housed on the Victorian side of the house.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.