In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1construcción de puentes feminine(efforts/negotiations) (before noun) para propiciar un acercamiento
- This will require leadership, compromise and bridge-building.
- I think it may even be a genuine attempt at bridge-building.
- However, Medici's bridge-building policy proved no better at preventing revolt.
- Your work of years of bridge-building can be undone in minutes.
- The alliance needs a bridge-building policy to resolve its military problems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.