In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1préstamo puente masculinecrédito puente masculine
- I expressed little or no emotion when he got a bridge loan.
- This was, at best, a bridge loan because the risks and rewards of ownership did not pass to the company.
- They cannot borrow money from the bank for a bridge loan because the payment schedule isn't predictable enough.
- A 5.6 trillion won bridge loan arranged by the government matures at the end of this month.
- These offers take the form of everything from bridge loans to low-margin commercial paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.