In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cabeza de puente feminine
- The force in the bridgehead disintegrated, the Germans remaining in possession of St. Germain.
- By the end of January he had secured his bridgehead in Tunisia and had given Rommel a safe enclave to move into.
- The Third US Army seized a bridgehead at Oppenheim.
- American troops in the bridgehead became panic stricken.
- Soviet authorities have argued they might have taken Berlin immediately after they established bridgeheads across the Oder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.