In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(man's) calzoncillos masculine(man's) slip masculine(woman's) calzones masculine Latin America(woman's) bragas feminine Spain(woman's) bombachas feminine River Plate(woman's) pantaletas feminine Venezuela Central America
- There is really no difference in boxers versus briefs, tight jeans versus loose pants.
- Bo stood with her back to Cat, wearing nothing but her white briefs and bra.
- Clad only in skin tight black briefs, he held a black shower kit under one arm and a drink filled glass in each hand.
- Boxer briefs have become the underwear of choice.
- He stood before her in a pair of navy blue boxer briefs.
- Wear white boxer briefs with white pants, and light gray or white ones with light colored pants.
- In the Baya Beach Club in Rotterdam, male and female staff and clientele were wearing bikinis and briefs.
- Should I tuck both my undershirt and shirt into my briefs?
- However, I also noticed that Speedos and swimming briefs are extremely popular on the beaches of Europe.
- Finally she stood to admire his body, dressed only in a pair of black briefs.
- Kevin then dropped his pants, revealing a pair of gray briefs.
- They are referenced in this faux-primitive romp fashioned for nine dancers in briefs or skimpy bathing suits.
- On the platform, a dozen or more dancing hustlers wear only biker shorts or briefs.
- Try various fits and sizes for both briefs and boxers until you find the right ones for you.
- I could never imagine myself ever swimming in briefs or shorts ever again.
- Toss in cashmere briefs and a Mogu pillow, and she may never leave home again.
- Adam climbed over the bed to his suitcase pulled out a pair of his briefs and cut off shorts.
- I slid my shorts and briefs off and arranged them for a quick recovery - if needed.
- Well, according to my scientific survey (panel of 25 beautiful women), women prefer white boxer briefs.
- The age old question continues, boxers or briefs?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.