In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1largas feminineluces largas femininealtas feminine Mexico Andesluces altas feminine Mexico Andes
- Getting out of the car, I flipped the brights lever, illuminating the Don.
- She flashed her brights at him, and he went onto the shoulder.
- Finally, it got too dark to see as even my brights wouldn't show enough of the road to continue on safely.
- It is an atypical crime film, a sort of film noir with the brights on.
- Jack finally looked in his rearview mirror, and the woman began flashing her brights at him.
- Judy did her usual flashing the brights, but Edward did not stop.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.