In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Plus, he'll offer a beef brisket, which is popular in Texas.
- In addition, dour men in chef's hats will carve up smoked meat brisket, roast beef, lamb or chicken for you.
- We had herbed chicken, beef brisket, chili beans, fruit salad and corn on the cob.
- Pastrami in New York is smoked salt-cured brisket with ginger, garlic, coriander, pepper and other spices on it.
- Enjoy a choice of chicken, pork, brisket and more.
- Recommended dishes include the fresh chicken in red wine and cold beef brisket with fresh leeks.
- I ordered three cheaply priced tacos: a fried chicken taco, a brisket taco, and a fried fish taco.
- The meats most often used are Sliced brisket, sausage, and pork ribs.
- In Kentucky, barbecued mutton reigns, and in Texas, it's beef brisket.
- You'd send the beef away, but the butcher would send you back brisket.
- Meats include St. Louis-style ribs, hand-pulled pork, brisket and steak, as well as chicken and fish.
- Purchase a whole fresh beef brisket (not corned) or 2 center-cut pieces.
- ‘Pot on fire’ is braised beef brisket with vegetables.
- Shred about 10 ounces cooked beef brisket or chuck.
- The water-buffalo meat, or beef, should be of a flaky sort, with some fat; brisket is the best cut of beef to choose.
- Everyone knows how to make a brisket or a turkey.
- For dinner, there was rolls, mash potatoes and gravy, brisket and green beans.
- Here's my juicy plate with brisket and my spinach on the side.
- Apparently, the steaming process reduces the size of the brisket but maximizes the flavor.
- These wines can match up quite well with spicy foods, from barbecued brisket to beef enchiladas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.